Royal Melbourne Hospital
Hi-Definition Digital Video
This short film starring Uncle Jack Charles and Lisa Maza has been made for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients and families accessing Melbourne health services.
The key messages of this film include:
- No one likes coming to hospital but sometimes you might need to
- Answering the Question “Are you of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander origin?” – will help us make sure that we provide culturally safe care and organize access to relevant support services during your stay and for follow up
- At Melbourne Health, we want to do the right thing by you. We know that Aboriginal health is everyone’s responsibility
• FINALIST – The International REEL Health Short Film Festival 2013
• HIGHLY COMMENDED -2013 Victorian Public Healthcare Awards: Secretary’s Award for improving patient outcomes and patient experience.